Get Girl Help Fast!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010




Hi everyone! I'm late again into writing another blog but I've been busy getting ready for college starting. Anyways, I wanted to do a blog reviewing certain nail polish brands that I've never used before, that I bought over the past week.

First I picked up an Essie, because I totally fell in love with the color. I know kinda crazy I've never tried Essie! But from now on I will be wearing them much more often! This first color I picked up is from their spring 2010 collection which features colors inspired from the arts, giving it the collection name, "The Art of Spring Collection." Many of the colors looked amazing to me but I decided to go with this shocking orange-red that stood out from the pastels.  The color "Red Nouveau," is a beautiful smooth matte color. I found the application of it to be very easy and it only took two coats for the color to be true to bottle. I will definitely pick up more from Essie in the future.




                   Essie "Red Nouveau"             Essie "Red Nouveau" in comparison with OPI "Dutch Tulips"

The next nail polish I bought was from Hard Candy. I'm so happy Urban Decay brought our favorite brand back and not only with amazing new products but at Wal*Mart! I believe the nail polish was priced at just $5.00, which made it hard not to pick up more than one! How inexpensive is that!? I love it :-) So the color I decided on was the one that I thought looked the most unique and that one was called "Frenzy." "Frenzy," is a bright blue and somewhat teal color that applies in one coat as it's so thick. This color reminds me of Listerine Mouth Wash, it's that vibrant mint looking blue-green and I really don't know if I've seen another color like it. I loved the application of this polish and needless to say I would pay more for it if I had to!


                                                                             Hard Candy nail polish in "Frenzy"

                                  
Lastly, I tried the ever popular but rummaged through and left hanging on the store shelf in the dust brand "Love My Nails." There's a reason why it sells for only $.78 cents, but I love it when I find nail polish with little shaped confetti suspended in gloss so I unfortunately picked a couple up. They had two colors that I liked, "Crazy For You," and "Cosmos." "Crazy For You," is a clear gloss nail polish with bright shiny red hearts floating about in it. "Cosmos," on the other hand is a clear gloss polish with blue star confetti inside of it. The polishes look so cute, but the problem with them is getting it to go on, and then stay on your nails. The brush for each bottle is so thin and plastic-like (Like those little sets of paintbrushes you got as a kid that were plastic bristles,) that you really can't manage to pick up any of the confetti on the brush, and once you've tried the fourth or fifth time and finally have two hearts on your brush, putting them on your nails takes forever because the gloss itself is goopy, thick, and smears the confetti off your nail every time you apply it. Maybe if I switch caps from a different bottle or buy a couple NYC Nail polishes in clear that have a better brush, I'd be able to get some use out of this cute polish. I love how the bottle says "For that deep wet look." Yes that might actually happen if the nail polish ever dries! I think the bottle is telling you this because the polish stays wet!
                                                                                                            

                                "Crazy For You" by Love My Nails              "Cosmos" by Love My Nails

So there you have it, a little review about three nail polish brands you could try! If you were to ask me, I mostly recommend Essie out of the three mentioned here. :-)
Signing off, Stay Girly!

FTC: I am not affiliated with any of the company's mentioned in this blog. I am not being compensated for any of the products. I purchased all of these products with my own money. This is 100% my honest opinion.

No comments: